1.4_Chemistry in Context
Ini adalah komunitas tertutup. Anda dapat mengakses semua materi belajar, diskusi, kuis, dan tugas setelah bergabung dengan komunitas ini dan dosen pengampu akan mengesahkan keanggotaan Anda.
- Chemistry in Context did not teach chemistry in isolation from people and the real-world issues they were facing. Similarly, it did not introduce a fact or concept for the sake of “covering it” as part of the curriculum.
- Rather, Chemistry in Context carefully matched each chemical principle to a real-world issue such as air quality, energy, or water use.
- Each was introduced on a need-to-know basis; that is, at the point in the book at which there was a demonstrated need for the principle.
- Most importantly, the book presented chemistry in the context of significant social, political, economic, and ethical issues.
- The word "context" derives from the Latin word meaning “to weave.”
- The spider web motif on the Chemistry in Context cover exemplifies the complex connections that can be woven between chemistry and society.
- In the absence of the real-world issues, there could be no Chemistry in Context .
- Similarly, without teachers and students who were willing (a
Dosen & Asisten
Komunitas ini belum memiliki anggota.