I have published the schedule for presentation. As the number of students is only 37, then I divided the class into 18 groups: 17 groups of 2 and 1 group of 3 members. So the plan was changed, from 4 groups per day, into 3 groups per day. Please be advised.
1.4_Chemistry in Context
- Chemistry in Context did not teach chemistry in isolation from people and the real-world issues they were facing. Similarly, it did not introduce a fact or concept for the sake of “covering it” as part of the curriculum.
- Rather, Chemistry in Context carefully matched each chemical principle to a real-world issue such as air quality, energy, or water use.
- Each was introduced on a need-to-know basis; that is, at the point in the book at which there was a demonstrated need for the principle.
- Most importantly, the book presented chemistry in the context of significant social, political, economic, and ethical issues.
- The word "context" derives from the Latin word meaning “to weave.”
- The spider web motif on the Chemis